BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 7, 2010

Fresh Basil

Another reason I love summer… fresh basil! I grow it on my deck and love to pluck a few leaves to cook with. It just so happens that EVERY meal now includes BASIL! I grow parsley and thyme as well, but can’t bring myself to use them yet. I only want the fresh taste of basil in my food. For breakfast I put it in my egg as it cooks. For lunch its in my burger with some feta cheese. For dinner I’m sure it will be in the below!

I accredit my mom and her love for South Beach that brought about this recipe! Grill a tortilla for just a minute on each side on low heat. While leaving the grill on, remove the tortilla and add fresh chopped basil, minced garlic, sliced tomatoes, feta and mozzarella cheese. Return to grill long enough to melt cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy! A fabulous low carb pizza just for you! YUM!

1 comments:

Molly said...

Yum!!!! I love my basil too. I planted a whole galvanized tub of it and eat it with pasta and diced tomatoes at night.