BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

P.S.

Since this blog is called Summer City Livin, I need to mention some summer stuff I’ve been doing around the city! LOL

One of my favorite to date has been the Italian Festival!!! I was able to go this year on both Thursday and Sunday as its right around the corner from my apartment on Hertel Ave! A few of my fav restaurants and bars are located on this street, so I’m over there often. Being as the festival is very popular and crowded, I rode my bike over on Sunday so I didn’t have to worry about parking. I felt very city-ish! :o)

For the first time I tried Campi’s Pizza out of Dunkirk, NY. It was deep dish, hand tossed pizza that was fabulous! I got it veggies because obviously that makes it healthier and okay for my diet! (Please don’t burst my bubble here, I’ve already eaten it!) I also tried a cannoli for the first time! I felt it was only right considering the atmosphere. Plus I have seen the Cake Boss make them enough on TV that I was super curious. It was quite delicious but definitely a lot to eat for this girls sweet tooth. I also made sure to have my festival favorite… Kettle Corn! YUMMY!! To top off the experience I sat on the patio at my favorite restaurant on Hertel, Romeo & Juilet’s, sipping on Sangria listening to the band. It was a great moment I will remember in the big B-lo!

In over Summer city news, our softball season is winding down and tomorrow is our last game before the playoffs. If we win (cross your fingers and knock on wood) we will finish in first place for the season! We’ve only lost one (horribly devastating) game but have crushed all the rest! The 28th will be playoffs and I’m praying I can drive back from my golf tournament in time to play. From there we have championships on 8/4. If you recall, we made it to the championships last year and lost by only a few runs. We are hoping to finish on top this year!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

0 comments: