BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Medium. Black. Coffee.

Of all the coffee shops in Buffalo, I find myself most loyal to Tim Horton’s… or as I like to call it, Timmie Ho’s!!! I LOVE their coffee and prefer it over making my own… which isn’t cost effective, but it is taste effective! I notice in the city more people will walk around with a cup of TH or Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks rather than company coffee or a home brew. Maybe it’s a commuting thing?

The other day my girlfriend and I were talking about TH and I happen to mention how much I missed my old TH. During my five minute commute to Supplemental, there was a Tim Horton’s/Mobile gas station combo along the way. I would stop two or three times a week, enough for the women to know me and what I like. The drive thru was efficient and quick. There was no fluff or unnecessary questions. No one asked me 15 different ways if I want to try a new muffin or add a donut to my order. Or do I need a carrying tray? Maybe I’d like to purchase a house while I wait?

Medium. Black. Coffee.

That’s all I want to order. And my old TH served it up piping hot and fresh every time. For the last few weeks I have made my coffee at home but have slowly started to bring the delicious coffee back into my life. My new job has a TH right across the street and it’s the service is horrible. The line is long and winds around a huge parking lot, making it take even longer. The customer service people are slow and will pause for a good 20 seconds in between each question. Even if I say, “Medium Black Coffee and that’s it,” they will ask me if I want to add their newest bagel.

This is where my girlfriend chimed in and agreed that this location was horrible representation of the Tim Horton’s name and directed me to a stop at a different TH along the commute. It is slightly hidden and tucked back from the road, but she promised it was good. The next day I went and as I sat in the drive thru, it moved pretty quick building my anticipation. At the speaker, an energetic young man boomed loud and proud with a Bob Barker “Come on Down!” type of voice. I announced my order and to my surprise all he said was, “$1.51 please pull forward.” NO QUESTIONS! NO REPEATS! MEDIUM. BLACK. COFFEE!!!!!!!! The sky parted and the sun shone down as I pulled to the window. Thank goodness the nightmare of a hellish Tim Horton’s is OVER!

2 comments:

Molly said...

How funny! I always just order a black coffee at the coffee places and I feel like I should be ordering a frappacino or some exotic concoction with flavors and cream, etc. But I always just want a medium.black.coffee.

I'm glad you found a TH to call your own at your new job. I love it!

LisaPrit said...

That was great!!! I hate it when they ask me all those stupid questions!!! And I never want a donut, bagel, muffin, wrap or special....never. Do you really think I was waiting for you to get to the last thing you offered?