BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

WICKED

I've been sitting on the deck all morning reading "This Charming Man" by Marian Keyes!! Of course I'm hooked, like all her books. I can't wait to get off on this laptop and go read more! But I know my readers are waiting to hear about....WICKED!!!

FABULOUS!!! FANTASTIC!! TWO THUMBS UP!!! The play was sooooo good and FUNNY!! Glinda's character was so jolly, giggly and BLONDE that it had me giggling too! The set was quite detailed and the scenes transitions very smoothly. The characters made a few one-line references to the Wizard of Oz movie, like "there's no place like home!" that made audience cheer and laugh! Elphaba, played by the very talented Carmen Cusack (pictured below) was nothing short of amazing, and bellowed out the most boisterous lyrics from her green mouth. I was in awe of both her and Glinda's efforts. The play flowed nicely and cut out huge, dreary parts from the book, leaving the musical to be quite upbeat. The alternate ending (which I will not describe here for anyone who hasn't seen it) was the best!!! I almost had tears! I am so happy we were able to go and experience the phenomenon!!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


But of course, my most favorite part of the weekend was seeing my bestest friend of all, Lindsay!! It was nice to chat, party and relax with her! I wish she was still right down the hall from me!!!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



P.S. - It's about to POUR outside!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap that's a dark cloud!!! I had so much fun with you over the weekend! Loved Buffalo and LOVED Wicked!!! So glad we were able to see it together. It's totally one of those plays that you have to see with a good girl friend!