BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 20, 2009

A Whirlwind Weekend!

I love busy weekends with tons of stuff to do!!

Friday started out with an unofficial SHC Happy Hour at Cozumel. This patio bar floods with people at the first nice sign of weather! Friday started out on the warmer side, but once the sun went down, we all crowded around the heat lamps!

Saturday started with Step Class, Target & grocery shopping!! At 3p I went to my first BBQ of the year to meet my friend’s parents. They came all the way from California! I brought our “famous” family pickles for them to try and my mom’s Avocado & Black Bean Salad for an appetizer. Both received great reviews!

Once home I did a little container gardening over some brown paper bags in my living room! It worked well with a quick vacuum for clean up! It helped curb my gardening urge until the weather gets nicer! THEN I made some Naan bread, a recipe my mom sent me from a magazine we read together. It turned out fabulous, but definitely not a recipe to multi-task with!! I’ve posted a photo for you to check out, but next time they will be golden brown, I promise!
 

Sunday I went to the Deerhurst Presbyterian Church for a rejuvenated service. The church itself was BEAUTIFUL inside and looked as if it had been remodeled recently. I was able to snap a quick picture with my phone before the service started!
 
The nicest part was the Pastor greeted me right away and introduced himself, as well as a few members. They all seemed very friendly towards me!! Which I guess is pretty much the Presbyterian way! The service itself was very nice, meaningful and flowed together. I’m hoping to go back again!

But my Sunday didn’t stop there! I went to the gym and then to my first golf lesson ever! I’ve played with my mom and she’s been my teacher up to this point, but I thought a pro might be able to break some bad habits before I get set in my ways! It was 40 mins and with Adam, a 24-year-old pro whose been playing for the last ten years! I didn’t do too shabby and even got in some good swings! Every once in awhile I got a “wow” or “good job!” or “YA! THAT WAS IT!” As soon as I could, I wrote down all the tips he gave me so I can practice, practice, practice on my own! I felt so inspired afterwards I went and played Putt-Putt with a friend!!!

Cmon on summer so I can practice OUTSIDE!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so wonderful, sweet Jamie. You are always so positive and happy and doing so many fun and interesting things. I am proud to call you family.

Lisa