BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

RI Day Three: Explore x 2

My last day in Providence, RI turned out to be a great one! The morning started with an excellent Guest Speaker: John Quinones!! He came to speak at the Migrant Health conference and told us a lot about his new project for Primetime called "What Would You Do?" Each show will deal with a different ethical situation and how people respond. One example he gave was of an actress pretending to be a Muslim dressed in black robes from head to toe being refused service (by another actor) due to her stereotypical connection to 9/11. The idea of the show is to see how the bystanders respond when presented with the confrontation between the two. The show has yet to air, but has already created an interesting buzz with me! When John was finished speaking he needed to leave right away to go to the airport, but was bombarded with people for photos. The closest I got was to take a photo of him posing with others!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Afterwards I took off to explore Providence a little more on my own. In an effort to not get myself lost I stuck pretty close to my hotel and just circled the area. I ended up in a local brewery where I met a nice local who introduced me to New England’s “stuffy.” If you don’t know what one is, they know you’re an outsider! LOL The appetizer was just clam and bread crumbs shaped together to form a ball. But it was very delicious!

0 comments: