BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

RI Day One: Travel

"...Please talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic... Rhode Island is neither a road, nor an Island...discuss!" ~SNL

Well I'm sitting in the Washington DC airport right now beginning my blog. So technically, no Rhode Island yet. Although I did have two nice beers at the Gordon Biersch brewery along with dinner. Washington was absolutely gorgeous when we landed! It was sunset and the perfect balance between light and dark.

PS - It cost me $15 to check my bag with US Airways! ALSO they were charging $2 for drinks on the plane. I am now a person that can say, "I remember when drinks were free on airplanes!" Does that make me old???

We're in RI!!!! Our take off from Washington showcased a beautiful night view of our nations Capital House and the Washington Monument. Our hotel, the Biltmore, is completely old fashioned with glorious furnishings and huge!!! Even the size of the hallways impressed me. They aren't the normal bland, white, unimpressive hallways of modern hotels. They are spacious and decorated with nice pictures and beautiful french doors!! But our room is the most phenominal suite I've ever seen! It has two king size beds, a nice living room, two-room bathroom plus a walk-in closet!! The awesomeness of it is beyond words! After being WOWed by our luck and exploring every inch of our room, we went downstairs for appetizers and drinks at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood. The restaurant, which is in the lobby of our hotel, is known for it's great food and seafood selection. It has already been decided that we will find someone to buy us dinner at this fabulous restaurant!

0 comments: