BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

42 Quarts Canned!!

I'm so behind on my blogging that I didn't even have a chance to share my first tomato canning experience! Mom and I were able to pump out 42 quarts in about 4 hours! Our system was efficient and only faltered once when I broke my first quart! LOL I love using all these tomatoes for sauces and things all winter. In fact I just used one to make Taco Soup! YUM! But my favorite part of canning is the time I get to hang and chat with my mom!! She knows so much and is always fun!! Oh and drinking wine is good too!! :-)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


At one point Mom asked me if any of my friends canned. They don't and we decided that canning is truly a dying art. This only concreted in my mind that I will continue on our family's tradition of canning and preserving! I'm hoping to try new things as well!

0 comments: