BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sometimes all it Takes is a Change of Scenery

Lately I cannot get myself motivated to go to the gym. There once was a time when I would go every day, for two hours, without fail. Now, I can barely make myself go a few times a week. And even that is usually followed by a hiatus of some sort. It’s a constant internal battle.

Yesterday I took a new step towards breaking out of this routine: I enrolled at the brand new World Gym in Cheektowaga. It’s so new the doors aren’t even open to the public until next week! Closer to my work than my current gym, I think it will be easier to stay committed. And I signed up with my girlfriend! New gym buddies are always a plus!

I’m really pumped to get in there and start working out. They have a huge layout of cardio equipment including the new Adaptive Motion Trainer (AMT)!! This machine is made to move more with your natural body movement than a restricted back and forth motion. It’s an Elliptical, Treadmill and Stairmaster all in it! And I’m pretty sure each piece has its own built in TV as well as multiple TVs on the walls.

I can’t wait until they open their doors next week to try everything out! Another new perk is their spinning classes! I have never tried one before and it’s at the top of my list! There is a basketball court that doubles as the aerobics room and I hope they will have all my favorites! OH, and the sales guy made sure to point out their complimentary shampoo and body wash in their lockers rooms as well. SCORE!

Sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery to get you excited and motivated. There will be new faces, new classes, and new routines. Bring on the sweat!!!

1 comments:

Molly said...

I'm totally jealous.