BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Fun!!

What an awesome, eventful weekend I had!! It started right at 5p on Friday Heather, Lynn and I jumped in the car and drove to Rochester for the East End Music Festival! It was my first time at the festival and Heather’s first time in the city of Rochester!

The festival was about blocked off from traffic, and as you walked there were different stages set up along the street for the bands to play. The whole place was just a buzz from the crowd, to the bars, to the bands! We each got big plastic mugs to drink from and carry around. My first was filled with a “Grateful Dead” drink. It was a purple, delicious and strong! Kind of like a Long Island Ice Tea. Needless to say I sipped mine and made it last for a good hour! Hahaha
Photobucket
The bands played on into the night, switching after every set. One band was set up right by the entrance and they all had mullet wigs on! hahaha We had tons of fun walking around, listening to the bands, eating good festival food and even had a chance to blow our BAC! I only got up to a .05 after a Grateful Dead and two beers. After the festival started to wind down, we hit up a few local bars, which were really nice. They seemed a little more “classy” than Buffalo bars. LOL Go figure! We didn’t stay out for long however, after a long Friday we wanted our beds!

Saturday Heather, Laura & I went and played nine holes of golf at the local Par 3. We packed a small cooler to take with us, but I have come to the conclusion that beer doesn’t really help my game!! But of course it’s just fun to go and hang with the girls! Afterwards we had a few people over, played some games and had a small bonfire. Which to me, is the best fun ever! You don’t need to take me to a packed bar or club, just put me in a chair in front of a fire, beer in hand, and lets play some games! I’ll be the happiest woman ever!

Sunday I mostly relaxed with the TV off and just sat around reading and playing Scrabble on facebook. I am addicted to it to be honest. I set up a game and some stranger and I battle it out with words. I love it! Heather and I did meet up and go to the movies to see The Hangover!! OMG it was sooooo hysterical! It made me laugh right out loud the entire time. A few times I was laughing so hard my eyes were watering and I had to worry about my make up running. HAHAHA!! It’s the funniest movie I have seen in a long time! I recommend it to every one!

0 comments: