BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Books, Books, Books!

Wednesday night I finished my book with a big glass of wine! :o) Another pleasant accomplishment by Mrs. Keyes!! The story is excellent for anyone that has had the "pleasure" of having a no-good, dirty rotten boyfriend. The characters rally to overcome their anger and emotions for against a man who had blinded them all with "love."

I also finished Atonement over the holiday weekend. I usually do not have a bad critique for a book or movie, but this novel did not impress me at all. The pages drone on in meaningless detail. When you do finally get to the "action," they either don't even go into it, or it's only a measly few pages. The ending seemed very shotty and left you hanging for more story of what happened with the parents & Briony, and Cecilia and Robbie, etc. I have the DVD to watch and am almost positive it will be better than the book. I'll let you know!

Yesterday I stopped at the library for my next two books. One was a recommendation, a Dean Koontz book entitled The Husband. It's suppose to be a non-stop thriller, so I can't wait! The other is Son of a Witch, the 2nd book after Wicked. They never come out and officially say it, but they hint at the Wicked Witch having a son, and the 2nd book is about him. Should be interesting! :o)

0 comments: